Hey everyone! It feels a bit surreal to be writing this, but I wanted to start my blog by sharing a bit more about my life before and after my diabetes diagnosis. If you’re reading this, you might already know a little bit about me from the "About" page, but there’s so much more to my journey, and I think it’s important to open up about it.
College Life: Where It All Began
Let me take you back a few years to college, where things were busy, exciting, and a little chaotic (in the best way possible!). I was that person who was always running around, balancing assignments, social events, and everything else that came with student life. I was studying [insert college major], and while it was demanding, I loved every bit of it.
I had an amazing group of friends who made everything more fun. We’d stay up late studying, head out for coffee or pizza at midnight, and talk about our dreams and future plans like we had all the time in the world. Looking back, those were some of the best days. Life felt carefree – until it didn’t.
The Turning Point
It was during my last year of college that I started noticing some changes in my body. At first, I brushed it off as stress or being overly tired. I was constantly thirsty, running to the bathroom more than usual, and feeling more fatigued than I had ever felt. But with finals around the corner and life moving at full speed, I didn’t pay much attention.
Eventually, things got worse. I started losing weight rapidly, even though I was eating normally (or so I thought), and the fatigue was becoming impossible to ignore. My friends were the ones who urged me to see a doctor, and honestly, if it weren’t for them, I might have kept pushing it off.
The day I was diagnosed with diabetes was a whirlwind. I remember sitting in the doctor’s office, hearing the words "Type 1 Diabetes" and not fully understanding what it meant for me. All I could think about was how much my life was about to change. I had never imagined I’d be navigating insulin shots, carb counting, and blood sugar levels.
The Aftermath: Adjusting to Life with Diabetes
After the initial shock wore off, reality hit hard. Suddenly, I had to learn everything about managing diabetes. There were times when it felt overwhelming, like I was drowning in information and new routines. I wasn’t sure how to fit this new reality into my life. How would this impact my social life? Could I still travel? What about eating out with friends? Everything felt like it had a big question mark next to it.
There were days when I just wanted to be "normal" again, to go back to the life I had before the diagnosis. But I slowly started to realize that this was my new normal, and I had to figure out how to make it work for me.
How Diabetes Changed Me – For the Better
You might think that living with diabetes would limit me, but in a strange way, it’s made me stronger. It forced me to pay attention to my health, to be more in tune with my body, and to prioritize self-care in ways I never had before. I also discovered a deep sense of resilience that I didn’t know I had.
My friends have been amazing throughout this whole process. From helping me with meal planning to reminding me to take care of myself when I’m too focused on something else, they’ve been my rock. College life and friendships changed after my diagnosis, but not in the way I feared. Instead of feeling isolated, I felt supported, and that’s made all the difference.
Why I’m Sharing This
I started this blog because I know what it’s like to feel lost and overwhelmed by a diagnosis that changes everything. But I also know that with time, patience, and support, life goes on – and it can still be amazing. Diabetes is part of my story now, but it’s not the whole story. I want to share my journey with you so that anyone who’s going through something similar knows they’re not alone.
Whether you’ve been living with diabetes for years, were recently diagnosed, or are just here out of curiosity, I hope my experiences can offer a little bit of comfort or inspiration. We all have challenges, and it’s how we face them that shapes who we are.
Thanks for reading and being part of this journey with me. I can’t wait to see where it takes us!
With love,
Aviva Miriam

0 komentar:
Posting Komentar